The members of Caton Baptist church believe:
1) In the Bible as the inspired Word of God, and the only authority in all matter of faith and conduct.
2) In the unity of the Godhead in which God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are co-equal.
3) In the deity and the true humility of God’s Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension and His future personal coming again.
4) In the plight of all mankind as sinners and their need for repentance towards God, personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as Saviour and regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
5) That our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, is the sole and absolute authority in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as revealed in the Holy scriptures, and that our Church has liberty, under the guidance of the Holy spirit, to interpret and administer His laws.
6) That the ordinances required by the New Testament to be observed are Baptism of Believers by immersion in water, and the Lord’s supper. Baptism is an act of submission to the Lord Jesus Christ and an open profession of faith in Him.